Child Abuse is Everyone's Business - April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
Get Involved - Support our Campaign with a $5 pledge!
- Learn to recognize the signs of child abuse and neglect. Child abuse consists of any act, or failure to act, that endangers a child's physical or emotional health or development. To report abuse call 707-565-4304
- Be a positive and nurturing parent or caregiver.
- Make children a priority.
- Allow yourself a time-out when stressed.
- Seek help if you feel worried about your parenting.
- Encourage groups to incorporate positive parenting messages into their newsletters.
- Ask local officials to support programs and services that help children and their families.
- Sponsor a parenting class at your place of business.
- Participate in a blue ribbon event
- Wear a blue ribbon for the month of April to show your support.